God Keeps Every Single Promise He Makes

Welcome to our blog! My prayer is for God to give my husband and I a child, and for Him to give comfort (and a precious baby)to all those who are struggling with infertility. God made us a promise and I KNOW He will keep it.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back To the Dr.!

About a week ago, Chris and I headed back to Knoxville to get the semen analysis done to see if the meds were working. Everything seemed to go ok this time. But then yesterday I got the results! Not good!! The semen analysis is worse now than it was 2 and 1/2 years ago. The receptionist muttered the results to me, and at the end said IVF is still recommended (keep in mind that this our old dr. not the dr in Cincinnati).
For those of you that may not know what IVF is, it is a procedure where they would take Chris sperm and inject it directly into the egg. It is a very costly procedure- that cost up to $30,000! It's not guaranteed and there is a risk you will lose all of your money. Maybe one day that will be God's plan for us, but not for now!
I had promised God that no matter what the results, I would still have faith, and I do, but, talk about disheartened!I am at the bottom and have no where to turn but to the Almighty God who can heal anybody! We thought for sure that this would be IT.....the answer. We have done everything the dr. has told us to do. So I cried and cried....and cried. Sometimes I feel worthless and sometimes, I even feel like I am doing something wrong in the Lord's eyes.
I believe when you are going through trials, you desire to be around Christians. I called my BFF, who God gave to me because she has went through infertility too. Her mom told me she was going to pray for me and I felt her prayers, which made me feel better.
Dr. Russell (from Cincinnati) called today to go over the results. He said that he has never seen the medicine cause a decline. His theory is 1. The test was a "bad" test. 2. There are other medical problems (that I will not go into detail about at this time). So, he said we should keep our fingers crossed and do more tests in about 6 weeks.
God will give us a child! I want Him to have all the glory. Everyone will see what the Lord has given us....and they will see that God keeps his promises.
As for me, I will not keep my fingers crossed, but I will pray to God for the next 6 weeks for this to be a "bad test." I will pray for Him to heal Chris' body and to give us a beautiful baby. Please, join us in prayer. :)
"And her neighbors and cousins heard how the Lord had shewd great mercy upon her, and they rejoiced with her." Luke 1:58

1 comment:

  1. Misty,

    I know it is so hard, but keep on believing one way or another God will give you the desires of your heart.

    Prayers upward for you.

    lori

    ReplyDelete