God Keeps Every Single Promise He Makes

Welcome to our blog! My prayer is for God to give my husband and I a child, and for Him to give comfort (and a precious baby)to all those who are struggling with infertility. God made us a promise and I KNOW He will keep it.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our Story!

This is my first blog post so please be patient with me. First, I will tell you a little about myself and my situation. When I was 18 I married Chris. Did I need to marry at 18? NO!!! But I am glad I did! Chris is a great husband and I know he will one day make a better daddy.
For the first 9 years of our marriage, I knew we were not at all ready for kids. I had it all planned! At 28, I would have my first (and only) child. Well, 28 came and went, and I actually got pregnant. We had only tried to get pregnant for a few months. It was all a little ironic actually....my sister had called me three weeks earlier to tell me she was pregnant, then two weeks after that, my sister-in-law called to tell me she was pregnant, and then me, I was pregnant too! How great, all three of us at the same time! In my head, I imagined us taking our kids to the park, at Christmas they could all open presents together, and we could have their birthday parties together! These thoughts came to a halt, when I woke up bleeding on November 3rd. I knew I was having a miscarriage. I went to the emergency room, where they confirmed it, only the Dr. put "Spontaneous Abortion." I knew this was another name for miscarriage, but it just sounded so horrible, like I had done something wrong, like I had aborted my baby somehow.
I will never forget that day. I remember seeing Chris drop his head and cry and the sadness on his face. And that was the day I learned to lean on the good Lord and I have been leaning on Him ever since.
It has been almost three years since that day. I haven't gotten pregnant again, but I will. How do I know? Because God promised me, and He keeps EVERY promise that he makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment